Floods in North KarnatakaThe Karnataka Government has sought help for flood relief and rehabilitation work, and appealed to the people to donate liberally.

Contributions can be made both as cash and in kind. Home minister V S Acharya said: "Rescue and relief operations of such a gigantic scale cannot be comprehensive without cooperation of the public and assistance from philanthropists. Vast sums are required to organize the operations... Hence, the government is appealing to the public to extend all cooperation in rescue and relief operations... We earnestly appeal to all philanthropists including industrialists, businessmen and others to donate liberally..."

Contributions should be credited to the deputy commissioners of district in the form of a crossed account payee cheque or demand draft. The instrument should be drawn in favour of `Karnataka Chief Minister's Relief Fund -- Calamity' and handed over personally or sent by post to the DC. The cheques and DDs may also be sent to: Karnataka Chief Minister's Relief Fund - Calamity, office of the chief minister, government of Karnataka, Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore -- 560001.

Contributions may also be in the form of clothes, blankets, etc. These should be deposited at the office of the tahsildars or municipal commissioners.
Source [TOI]